Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Holy Week

It's the Holy Week, and for us Catholics, it is an important period to renew our faith. I just came back from picking up my daughter from the House of Prayers, a retreat house in Cebu City which is owned and operated by the Augustinian Recollects. The graduating class stayed there for one day and one night. They had seminars, faith renewal sessions, open forums and recollection. I hope she learned a lot from her stay there.

The House of Prayers is on top of a steep hill. Some cars had to turn off their aircon on their way up. Thank God our car sustained the trip with the aircon on. The view was breathtaking. You can see the whole city below and I could just imagine seeing the city lights at night. The breeze was cool although the sun was shining brightly.

I've asked permission from the sister there to go back with the whole family on Good Friday, to have the Way of the Cross there. There's a developed calvary downhill and it would be a good place to make a sacrifice as we pray the station of the cross under the sun. I will try to get pictures of the place and upload them here after our visit.

Incidentally, it's the birthday of my third son, Jonathan. Guess we're going to pack a meatless lunch since it's Good Friday.

No comments: